Lee's Summit Oktoberfest Competition
Prost! The Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce and Apex Brew Wares are pleased to partner together in presenting
the 2014 Lee’s Summit Oktoberfest Peoples’ Choice Home Brew Competition. Oktoberfest attendees will have the
opportunity to partake in a tasting event in the Biergarten at Oktoberfest on Saturday, September 27, 2014 from 1-3
p.m., when participating home brewers will be serving up samples of their best brews!
To enter this battle of brew, homebrewers need to complete the registration form below and commit to supplying a
5-gallon keg (or bottle equivalent) of a home brewed beer. Brewers/Entrants may submit up to two types of beer if they
so choose (no additional space would be provided, same parameters as outlined below will apply). Participants in the
contest will serve their brew to attendees who will cast their votes for the best of the lot!
Prizes will be awarded to the brewers of the top three selected beers from the day. The first 30 entrants will be eligible
Get your brew on and participate in the Lee’s Summit Oktoberfest Peoples’ Choice Home Brew Competition!
The tasting event will take place in the Biergarten, near 2nd and SE Main St. in Downtown Lee’s Summit, MO, on
Saturday, September 27 from 1-3 p.m. (rain or shine). Attendees who purchase a tasting glass will gain admittance to
the tasting event and will select their top three choices for the winning brew. Votes will be tallied following the event, and
winners will be announced on Monday, September 29 on LSoktoberfest.com and apexbrewwares.com. Winners will be
contacted to receive their prize. This is not a sanctioned competition. The required beer product submission serves as
the entry fee to the contest. Participating brewers will receive an Oktoberfest t-shirt and one tasting glass.
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 22.
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3. Prizes TBA.
• Set-up/check-in will take place from 12-1 p.m.
• Each participant will have approximately 3 feet of space (1/2 table)
• Must be at least 21 years of age or older at time of event
• Must have ice or means to keep beer chilled. Limited electricity will be available, please indicate whether you would
like to request electricity
• Must supply a 5 gallon keg or bottle equivalent for the tasting event on Saturday, September 27
• Must have at least 1 person (limit 2) to serve your beer throughout the 2-hour tasting event
• Must keep pours to sample-size, full servings will not be permitted
• Beer produced on commercial equipment is prohibited
• Outside food and drink (other than the beer being supplied for contest)
may not be brought into festival grounds
For additional information, please contact:
• Chrissy Symes, director of special events at the Lee’s Summit Chamber
• Jeremy Parratt, owner of Apex Brew Wares, 816.875.6242,
Download the Entry Form. Please drop off or email the form to Chrissy or Jeremy ASAP. When we reach 30 entrants we will close registration.